Monday 23 March 2015

Birthday

So, I'm 23 now. I've always thought of age as just a number, and so I continue to think :D Anyway, I had relatives over on Sunday and got some nice gifts from them and from my boyfriend. Mostly movies and books (and a board game Mastermind which is just as awesome as I remembered!) so nothing ground breaking. I did manage to add up to my Helsinki Lolita Convention Dress Fund, so I'll be able to buy something from there ^^



I did buy myself a gift as well, I ordered it on Sunday also so it'll ship out on Tuesday and - hopefully - come here quickly. It's a new dress from Bodyline. When I saw it I instantly knew I had to have it! I got it in grey (obviously) and love the print. Diamonds, stripes, skulls, roses and playing cards on one dress? Yes please! So I spent 42€ from my Dress Fund. I love free shipping ~

It looks a bit short and high waisted, so when it comes I'll try it on and decide whether to keep it as a dress or make it into a skirt. Time will tell... 

L580

I also got this fabric which I plan to make a skirt! I'll make a tutorial as well, this time with pleats and a zipper. So soon you'll see how bad I am at making zippers xD 

And on the topic of zippers... *sigh* Oh my god how much I hate zippers. Especially in lolita. Especially in lined dresses. They ALWAYS jam at the mid seam (since there's so much fabric) and usually I ask my boyfriend to zip them up for me. Well, he wasn't at home on Sunday, and I had massive trouble with the zipper. I battled for twelve minutes trying to get the damn thing all the way up (and no it's not a small dress, it jams even when I zip it empty on a hanger) and expected quests at any minute and my hand was getting sore from the awkward position. Eventually I got it up with a mighty roar of joy. But damn I hate those. I don't mind a visible zipper if it means I can actually zip it up. 

Anyway I'll celebrate with friends later on and will show you the dress once it gets here and do the skirt tutorial when I have time to do it. This week I have to work six days and two of those are in another city so yeah tough week, but I'll try to make a video for Wednesday.

Have a nice week! ^^

4 comments:

  1. Paljon onnea! Mekko näyttää ihanalta, toivottavasti se on hyvä! Mäkin vihaan vetoketjuja aina välillä :D Ja piiloketjujen ompelemista en edes harkitse, koska ne tosiaan juuttuvat aina sivusaumaan ja mä VIHAAN sitä. Siksi käytän vaan näkyviä ketjuja. Mullakin on ollut tässä hirveä shoppailuhimo, onneksi kerkesin törsätä kaikki rahat kankaisiin niin saan jotain aikaiseksi sen sijaan että vaan pyörisin kaupoissa! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Itekin yritän ostaa kankaita niin saa tekemistä ja omalle kropalle sopivan :) Yleensä pääsee myös halvemmalla kuin jos ostaisi mekon postikuluineen.

      Delete
  2. onnea onnea!! :) Ikä tosiaan on vain numero, ei siitä kannata välittää :D Täällä ollaan jo toinen jakla haudassa :D Ihana toi bodylinen mekko, oon katellut samaa! Ihan liian vähän on pääkallomekkoja lolitassa, niitä lisää!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paljon kiitoksia ^^ Pääkalloja on tosiaan aivan liian vähän, lolisopivia kankaita on myös vaikea löytää kunnon pääkalloprintillä. Tuo oli sitten pakko ostaa :D

      Delete