Sunday 14 February 2016

Valentine's Meet

Hello ~ We had a lovely meet for Valentine's day! Why a meet? Because here ystävänpäivä literally means friend's day, so it's all about appreciating your friends, not about love and relationship like it's elsewhere. So  we gathered to eat good food and talk shit all nice and casual :D 


All of us brought food with us. I made heart shaped cupcakes with heart pokey-thingies (wow I'm too tired to use real words) for the occasion. The berries are boysenberries, the cupcakes are vegan (because one of us is vegan and I thought it's polite to bring vegan stuff) and the soy yoghourt was pomegranate flavoured so they were nice and fruity. Also chocolate cookies because chocolate is delicious. Dairy free because I want to eat them too.


And salmon pie, fish is food of the old Gods. Btw it took a long while of experimenting to find a good filling for a savory pie without cheese, but I've finally mastered one and keep making different flavors. Smoked salmon is best thus far, though veggie one and a bacon one are yummy too.


I wore my cat dress and since it was a more relaxed meet, I didn't cover my short and purple hair with a wig like I usually would. For some reason I look really smug here :'D Behold snacks, dipping veggies.


There were four of us (Maiju is behind the camera) because life happens and I think that we've never had a meet where everyone who wanted to come could. Maybe someday we'll have a meet with our whole yet small comm attending, that would be awesome <3

I've recently been baking a lot again, and it is NOT helping my goal to fit my Baby skirt to Hellocon. It was fine when I bought it, but now I need to lose 7cm from my waist before June to be able to wear it. Or alternatively mod the skirt. It seems more likely, but I will wear it to the tea party one way or the other :D

2 comments:

  1. Haha the struggle is real! I say this with love because I am in the same boat! I even started *gasp* exercising like four very small workouts a day. But everyone is baking T O T. It's so great to have little meet ups! Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha the struggle is real! I say this with love because I am in the same boat! I even started *gasp* exercising like four very small workouts a day. But everyone is baking T O T. It's so great to have little meet ups! Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete