Tuesday 7 April 2015

Bodyline skull dress L580

Hello! This weeks video is an unboxing and review for a Bodyline dress. It's one of the newest ones and the "name" is L580, and to be honest, I was positively surprised. I was expecting it to be too high waisted and short so that I would have to make it into a skirt, but it actually fits quite well. True, the waist is a bit high and it doesn't quite cover my knees, but I'll still keep it as it is. Except I'll remove the tummy bow :D



The print is quite good, and the main reason I bought the dress. (The print has a bit of lavender that I'm okay with, but the pink is a stretch. Luckily there's not much of it, mostly on the "sailor moon" bits ^^')



The dress is not lined but has a good, sturdy zipper and the fabric feels nice. I like a bit thicker fabrics and this seems like it won't wrinkle to easily, which is always a plus. Here it's a bit rumpled up since I just took it out of the package.



The back has looots of shirring! I bought the size 2L to get extra length on the dress, and the shirring isn't stretched the least with my ~92cm bust and ~68cm waist. It still fits well, I just have a lot un-stretched shirring as you can see in the video. :)


I've never understood pintucks on printed fabric. I mean they look gorgeous on a solid color, but on a print they just make the print look odd... But the center of the diamonds is perfectly in the center of the bodice, so good job on that. :)




Here is a quick snap I took when I wore the dress to a friends house. The lighting is bad but gives you an idea what the dress looks like on me. :) I coorded it with blue since the print has blue stripes on it. I adore blue + gray outfits, and this dress is perfect for it. <3



2 comments:

  1. Hyvältä näyttää mekko! vitsit toi printti on ihana!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toi printti on niin ihana <3 Jotkut ovat ilmeisesti saaneet printin peilikuvana, onneksi mun on oikeinpäin...

      Delete